A letter to my daughter on her 2nd birthday ๐Ÿง’


Dear Tejal (aka Radha & Piya),

                   I want your birthday to be a celebration of your life. Not only with cake cuttings but with a little extra effort. I have decided to write a letter to you. I feel that it seems the best way to portray YOU to you. Of course, there are so many videos and photos flooding my phone but "reading a letter" is another happy place. 

                    Wish you a happy 2nd birthday my heartbeat. You have completed another year of tininess. This year was very special for me because you met your most awaited milestone- The Walking. Most of the children, even younger than you, usually reached this milestone in between 10 to 15 months but you girl, you took 19 and half months to reach there. But that was worth waiting for. I just loved your penguin walk. I beautifully captured those moments. I am sure you will love it and thank me later.

                     My favourite part of the day is SEEING YOU waking up in the morning and when I come back home from the office. The giggles, the yawning, the happy face, the smile, the dimples, the kisses and listening "Maa" from you. Talking about the office, I can not describe that how much I miss you while working. I know your Dada-Daadi takes very good care of you. Never forget that without your grandparent's (your Nani and Dada-Daadi), your Maa-Papa would never have been able to do their office work carefree. I am teaching a lot from her but sometimes elders can also be learners from us. 

                  I want you to be the best learner because the person who keeps learning stays young. Wherever you go, every person you meet can be your teacher, knowingly or unknowingly. Be a good observer always.

                 From making your food to dolling up you, me and your father make sure all these chores get done before leaving for the office. Weekends are my favourites. I give you massages, ubatan bath, I play with you all day, I can feed you in my way, I make different recipes for you. I just love to cook for you, my girl. I want to give your tummy yummy, healthy and versatile food. Oh, it reminds me of one thing. I taught you a few days ago that call my breast milk "Yum Yum" and you call this so cutely whenever you crave this.

                 I also taught you how to say "I LOVE YOU" in sign language and I make you tell the same to me. I can not put into words how  overwhelmed I feel at that time. Through every kiss, hug and smile, our bond grows stronger. One habit I want you to acquire which is "Reading". Hence, your father brought your first board book for you and you loved that book. I am just filled with joy to see your excitement towards the books. You love to eat your food while reading the book and I am proud that you have learned so well the names of the things I teach you from that book.

                     These days, you are found walking and singing through the house and making joyful noises which only you understand. You love to stay outside and on the terrace. The moment you catch somebody going outside, you walk as fast as you can to reach there before the door closes. Oh man, this is hilarious. You cry if we refuse to take you out. You are too dangerous to be alone because you can climb the stairs, you can open the latch and one day you closed the latch when your Daadi was outside and somehow she got the latch opened by you. It took half an hour and she was very scared that something happened to you.

                       I keep wondering who you were in your past life because you always keep scratching our hands vigorously. Your Papa bathes you on office days and he enjoys this. You don't say Papa regularly. Whenever we teach you to call him Papa, you end up saying Mumma. You call "Mumma" to everything which you can not pronounce. You are such a cartoon I am telling you. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

                       The cartoon reminds me of your hairstyling. I want to dress you like a doll with cute hairclips, pretty hairbands and making a ponytail but you are not ready to wear any of them. As soon as I make you wear a band, you put it off within a second. ๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜งThat's why we decided to cut your hair until you are convinced to wear them. 

Two is not terrible. Two is learning.

Two is trying to understand. 

Two is needing love, guidance & patience all at once.

Most of all two are very adorable. 

               

                     Also, I want to dedicate a song to you my child : 

เค•ेเคธเคฐिเคฏा เคคेเคฐा เค‡เคถ्เค•़ เคนै เคชिเคฏा,

เคฐंเค— เคœाเคŠँ เคœो เคฎैं เคนाเคฅ เคฒเค—ाเคŠ.

เคฆिเคจ เคฌीเคคे เคธाเคฐा เคคेเคฐी เคซ़िเค•्เคฐ เคฎें,

เคฐैเคจ เคธाเคฐी เคคेเคฐी เค–ैเคฐ เคฎเคจाเคŠँ.

             I just want to say that you are the heart of our hearts ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•


Love

Maa-Paa ❤

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚